Cloud ERP, often called Cloud-based ERP, enables a company’s accounting, operations management, and reporting to run in the cloud.
While some companies may think that ERP may be too expensive, time-consuming, and simply not user-friendly enough for them, the fact remains that it is a crucial aspect for all businesses operating today.
The Cloud is particularly valuable to small and medium-size businesses because it provides access to full-function applications at a reasonable price without substantial operating expenditure for hardware and software. Using the correct cloud provider, a company can rapidly scale as their business grows or a new company is added.
As one would expect, Cloud ERP vendors vary significantly in their technology, functionality, and service. After researching ERP Cloud vendors, it becomes clear that they have few things in common beyond hosting of an application and utilizing the internet to provide connectivity. Acumatica is one of the few vendors that offer a true ERP Cloud solution.
Cloud ERP has been proven to reduce costs in many ways because it:
- Avoids upfront costs for all computing infrastructure such as hardware and data servers
- Reduces IT support services because IT is in the cloud
- Eliminates paying upfront for application software licenses
- Shrinks the cost of maintaining and supporting those applications since the cloud vendor handles the updates and upgrades
The most important benefits of Cloud ERP go beyond cost-savings and include:
- Paying only for the computing resources needed
- A fixed monthly rate so companies can use their cash on other business initiatives
- Taking advantage of Cloud ERP applications faster since installation of hardware and software on servers or user devices is not required
- The ability to adjust the amount of cloud service as a company’s computing or storage needs fluctuate
- Enjoying the confidence that the data has been backed up and there is a disaster recovery plan
- Avoiding attacks on the company’s server because the data in not stored locally, but in the cloud
- Accessing the system from anywhere makes it easy for a company to expand geographically since the Internet is everywhere and there is no need to implement hardware and software at remote locations
Spend less, earn more
Return on investment is arguably the most compelling factor when it comes to choosing a Cloud ERP implementation. Companies who opted to head into the cloud saved money instantly, since this meant they no longer had to set up and maintain their own IT infrastructure.
Instead, they simply portioned off a reasonable amount of money for a Cloud ERP provider to do all the work for them. What’s more, spreading this expense to a monthly or yearly payment means it can be considered as an operating expenditure rather than a capital expenditure.
Flexibility and security – guaranteed
Flexibility is a necessity for any fast-growing company, as adapting your goals to recurring business realities will keep you on your toes and on the lookout for what’s best for the future of your business. This is why Cloud ERP is a logical choice that enables you to exercise that same agility to manage and grow your business.
Being accessible from anywhere and through any device, Cloud ERP means that as long as there’s an internet connection handy, you can access the key data you need right away – and so can anyone else in your organisation.
In addition to this, Cloud ERP is an entirely secure system, being hosted by such assured giants like Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure. This assures speed, availability, and security – making it an even more attractive solution for your company.
Cloud ERP software – feature rich with seamless integration
Acumatica is a leading provider of cloud business management software that empowers small and mid-size businesses to unlock their potential and drive growth. Built on the world’s best cloud and mobile technology and a unique customer-centric licensing model, Acumatica ERP system delivers a suite of fully-integrated applications, powered by a robust and flexible platform. Acumatica SaaS ERP is designed for businesses looking for modern enterprise software powered by the Cloud.